A small, intimate gathering is often the perfect way to mark a special occasion. We’re helping you plan your upcoming event with this handy guide, which will explain:
- Reasons to bring your small group gathering to Ocean City
- Where to host a small event in Ocean City, MD
- The benefits of events with small guest lists
When it comes to hosting a memorable event, few locations can compare to Ocean City, Maryland. And particularly when you’re planning an intimate gathering (personal or professional), the scenic beaches, charming community, and luxurious resorts in Ocean City offer an ideal setting.
Why Ocean City is the Perfect Backdrop to Your Next Event
Not only are there ample event venues in the area, but you and your guests will enjoy Ocean City’s gorgeous surroundings, more than 200 top-rated restaurants, championship golf courses, outstanding shopping, fun activities such as yoga classes, and excellent accommodation options. The proximity to Washington, D.C., puts you within easy reach of our nation’s capital and all of the history, entertainment, and attractions located there.
Here, you’ll find the ideal balance of convenience and luxury, setting the scene for an event that your guests will remember for a long time to come. For smaller gatherings, this allows guests to enjoy a delightful experience both at the event and before and after it’s concluded. For example, if you’re thinking about getting married in Ocean City, consider this: your guests will love being able to celebrate your love and luxuriate in a relaxing beach getaway at the same time.
There are many different Ocean City event venues, including several luxury resorts with flexible spaces available for your event. Many of these resorts also offer first-class amenities, as well as proximity to the area’s top restaurants, attractions. Regardless of your event type or needs, you can find a venue that exceeds your expectations.
Princess Royale Oceanfront Resort: Your Ocean City Small Event Venue
Can you visualize the magic of a romantic wedding on the beach, with only your nearest and dearest standing beside you in the sugar-soft sand? Or what about a family reunion celebration, with extended family members bonding over drinks at the pool or a meal at the restaurant on-property? Your vision of a perfect Ocean City event can become a wonderful reality at the Princess Royale Oceanfront Resort.
The Princess Royale Oceanfront Resort is among Ocean City’s premier luxury resorts, providing the ultimate in high-end event accommodations in a gorgeous oceanfront location. There are a total of 10 indoor meeting rooms at the resort and two outdoor venues.
Some of the small-scale events regularly hosted at our Ocean City resort include:
- Intimate weddings and Preferred Wedding Vendors
- Family reunions
- Birthday parties
- Group getaways
- Executive meetings
- Corporate team retreats
- Retirement parties
- Anniversary celebrations
Flexible spaces for professional meetings and events
The events team has created a series of flexible spaces, which can be easily customized for your event needs. And because the Princess Royale Oceanfront Resort is staffed with a professional, experienced team specializing in events and hospitality, you can be confident that every last detail will be considered.
Depending on your event, you may choose to utilize one or more of the available spaces. For example, if you’re hosting a professional teambuilding retreat: a flexible function room is ideal for daytime collaboration. At the same time, the outdoor oceanfront lawn serves as a welcoming space for midday breaks or group luncheons. Menus include the Princess Royale Breakfast, Lunch, the Princess Royale Dinner, and hors d’oeuvres, so you can easily coordinate delicious meals for your event.
Fabulous accommodations and first-class resort amenities
There’s no doubt that the space for your event is incredibly important. However, the place where you and your guests will spend your “off-time” is equally so – and the Princess Royale Oceanfront Resort offers the best of both worlds.
We have spacious suites to give your guests a delightful space to retreat to after a busy day. With a contemporary design and high-end elements, each suite puts guest comfort first. Views range from the Atlantic Ocean to our Tropical Atrium, and every suite features a kitchenette, private balcony, and small living area.
The resort is unlike any other in the area, with such a variety of amenities that you and your guests might not even need to step off the property. Leading up to your event – as well as during and after it – you can look forward to:
- Wind down at the Indoor Atrium Pool, which includes an Olympic-sized swimming pool as well as a year-round hot tub. The Tropical Tiki provides food and beverage service for a truly relaxing day by the pool.
- Discover unique souvenirs at Sandy’s Beach Treasures, our resort boutique with a curated collection of keepsakes, fine chocolates, home goods, and more.
- Our convenient grocery service saves you a trip to the store so that you can stock up on necessities for your home away from home.
- Dining options at our resort range from morning coffee to an afternoon ice cream sundae, as well as The Current, a sun deck oceanfront bar and grill.
Why Small, Intimate Events are So Special
Are you weighing your options between a smaller gathering and a large event? Here are a few reasons why keeping your guest list short could be the right choice:
- The more intimate event experience allows guests to engage with each other on a more personal level, which may not always be possible at extremely large events. Conversations can go deeper, relationships can grow stronger, and memories can be made.
- With a small-sized event, the event budget can typically go significantly farther. For example, a wedding with 50 or fewer guests can be affordably upgraded to a gourmet-inspired dinner menu, complete with fabulous cocktails and fine liquor. An executive meeting can provide guests with golf options while still staying within budgetary limits.
- A conservatively-sized guest list gives you the option of turning your celebration into an extended event. For example, rather than limiting the festivities to your wedding ceremony and dinner reception, you can easily host a day-after brunch, invite guests for sunrise walks on the beach, or even plan a group outing to the nearby boardwalk.
Host Your Special Event at the Princess Royale Oceanfront Resort in Ocean City, MD
From romantic elopement ceremonies to executive meetings, the Princess Royale Oceanfront Resort is Ocean City’s best event venue. We provide various event options and services to make the planning process as simple as possible, ensuring a flawless event from start to finish. Additionally, our accommodations give your guests the very best in upscale comfort and style, putting them just steps away from the beautiful beaches of Ocean City.
Make your next event one to remember when you bring it to the Princess Royale Oceanfront Resort, located about a half-hour from Salisbury Regional Airport and an easy, drive-to destination. For more details about our venue options and availability, including special offerings/packages for small events, we invite you to request a proposal from our events team today.
Image Source: Eliyahu Yosef Parypa / Shutterstock