Are you planning a fall wedding in Ocean City, MD? We’ve created a useful guide to the best wedding venues in the area, making it simple to find the perfect location for your big day. We’ll be covering:
- The best Ocean City wedding venues
- What you need to get married in Ocean City
- Tips for planning a wedding in Ocean City
There’s no place quite like Ocean City, MD, especially when it comes to beautiful, unique locations to say your “I dos.” From the beloved boardwalk to the stunning sandy beaches, this welcoming resort town has all the makings for a truly memorable wedding. And in fall, the summer crowds quiet down, but the weather stays pleasant, making it a terrific time to host an event.
For a couple that wants to get married in Ocean City, one of the biggest decisions they’ll need to make is choosing their wedding venue. Whether you’re envisioning a small, intimate affair with just a handful of loved ones or an epic event with hundreds of guests, you have a variety of fall wedding venues to choose from.
The Best Ocean City Event Venues for Fall Weddings
We’ve curated a collection that includes many of the most popular Ocean City wedding venues for fall. For each venue, we’ve provided some helpful information, including noteworthy features that set each one apart.
Whatever your dream wedding looks like, it can become a reality at Seacrets in Ocean City. With several event spaces to choose from, this Maryland beachfront wedding venue can welcome anywhere from 25 to 2000 guests. Its Midtown location is convenient and puts your guests near many of the top highlights of Ocean City.
- Venue options include the Hideout (25 guests), the Speakeasy (100 guests), the main bar (150 guests), the Nite Club (500 guests), and the entire beach (2000 guests)
- A fully-equipped kitchen and on-site bar provide on-site catering if desired
- Year-round wedding bookings available
Windmill Creek Vineyard and Winery
Just 15 minutes from Ocean City, the Windmill Creek Vineyard and Winery has all the charm you would expect from a lovely country vineyard – even though you’re only about seven miles from the Ocean City boardwalk! The lush green lawns and towering shade trees complement the vineyards beautifully, while the home brings in an element of historic appeal.
- Multiple areas on the property are available for wedding events
- Options for on-site catering provided via recommended vendors
- Wine made from grapes grown and harvested on the property
Princess Royale Oceanfront Resort
The Princess Royale Oceanfront Resort is a beachfront wedding venue in Ocean City, where your most magical moments can take place against the backdrop of the sea. You’ll have your choice of multiple event spaces, giving you the flexibility to personalize your event to suit your specific tastes and needs. The resort is centrally located in Midtown Ocean City.
Aside from offering the benefit of a stunning venue, the Princess Royale Oceanfront Resort also provides comfortable accommodations for all of your family and friends. Large, oceanfront suites with two and three bedrooms, are available for families and groups traveling to attend your wedding. The standard suites are also spacious and well-equipped, so you can be completely confident that all of your guests enjoy their stay.
Once you’ve said your “I do’s,” the resort’s romantic 9100 Club is a wonderful place to honeymoon in Maryland. Whether you are in the mood for exploring Ocean City or pure relaxation, The 9100 Club is the perfect place to spend your first married days.
- Beautiful, versatile event spaces both indoors and outdoors, allowing up to 400 guests
- Beach weddings for 10-150 guests
- Complimentary bride and groom suite for weddings of 75 guests or more
- On-site catering available, featuring chef prepared dishes
- One-Two-and three-bedroom oceanfront suites for guest accommodations
- Breathtaking ocean views
- On-site indoor pool, full-service restaurant, café, and a boutique
- Set-up and take-down included
- Customizable dance floor
- Simple, modern interior design that can be tailored for a broad range of wedding styles
How to Plan a Wedding in Ocean City, MD
What do you need to get married in Ocean City? Once you have a venue, there are plenty of other details you’ll want to keep in mind:
- Apply for a marriage license in Ocean City. You’ll need to apply for a Worcester County marriage license to get officially married in Ocean City, MD. You can contact the Clerk of Court Office to find out exactly what documents are required and what the process entails.
- Get permission for a beach ceremony, if needed. If you’re hoping to say your vows right on Ocean City’s beautiful beach, arrangements must be made for a beach ceremony. Ocean City has an official Wedding Notification Form for all weddings that take place directly on the beach. Double-check the Ocean City Town Calendar so that you don’t choose a date that coincides with a special event (town events always have seniority over weddings).
- Select an ordained minister or officiant. Ocean City doesn’t have a Justice of the Peace, so you’ll need to provide your own legally ordained minister or officiant. If you prefer a family member or friend to officiate, research how to get ordained in Maryland to complete the required legal steps.
- Don’t forget to consider accommodations for wedding guests. Every couple manages their wedding finances differently, so you may or may not choose to pay for accommodations for your wedding guests. However, even couples that aren’t covering the cost of a hotel should provide a few recommendations to help their guests. Ideally, find a comfortable, high-quality hotel located at or near your venue so that guests can easily travel to and from wedding events.
- Take advantage of Ocean City wedding packages available from local wedding planning services. Whether you’re a local or coming in from out-of-state, there are so many details involved in the wedding planning process, so why not invest in a professional planner to help you get it all done? Services like Barefoot Beach Bride can help you arrange everything, including the beach ceremony of your dreams. Barefoot Beach Bride offers “pop-up ceremonies” for any beach in Ocean City, so you can say your vows wherever you like. Afterward, you can come to your venue (like the Princess Royal Oceanfront Resort) for your reception – it’s the best of both worlds!
- Don’t be afraid to think outside the box. Ocean City is a wonderful city for a traditional wedding, but there are also many ways to get creative with your ceremony! For example, a local company called Tipsy Tiki can take your wedding party out on the water for a floating fête that you’ll never forget. Perfect for the couple that loves new, unique experiences, the intimate ceremony set-up is unlike anything you’ve ever seen. Once you arrive back on land as an officially married couple, make the short trip to our resort for a reception with family and friends.
- Suggest ideas for things to do in Ocean City to enhance the guest experience. For both local and destination weddings, Ocean City, MD, is an outstanding place to be. When guests aren’t attending wedding events, they can choose from a wide variety of activities, such as golfing, spa visits, walks on the beach, and more. Create a list of ideas to welcome them to Ocean City, and they’ll appreciate your thoughtfulness. Make sure they’re set up with somewhere wonderful to stay (like the Princess Royale Oceanfront Resort), situated in a central location where they can access everything the city has to offer.
Host Your Beautiful Beach Wedding at Princess Royale Oceanfront Resort
From our team to you and your partner-to-be, many congratulations on your upcoming nuptials. At the Princess Royale Oceanfront Resort, we are honored to be one of Ocean City’s top wedding venues and resorts. Our goal is to offer every couple the ultimate in flexibility and service, setting the stage for a wedding that truly exceeds your every expectation.
And even if you end up selecting another Ocean City venue, we would love to welcome you and your guests to stay at the largest oceanfront resort in Maryland, the Princess Royale Oceanfront Resort. Before and after your ceremony and reception, you (and your family and friends) should be able to enjoy a relaxing experience – and there’s no better way to do that than booking your stay at the Princess Royale.
For more information about Ocean City weddings in the fall and how the Princess Royale Oceanfront Resort can be the venue of a lifetime, we invite you to request additional details from our events team today.