Ocean City is known for its beautiful Ocean City hotels, historical boardwalk, and family fun. This popular destination has activities for every member of the family. While the kids are enjoying the day, remember to schedule some after dark fun for mom and dad. Ocean City has a thriving and active nightlife for adults that is well-known across the country.
Ocean City Nightlife
Many people enjoy their evenings at the area hotels like the Princess Royale and branch out from there. For example, the Princess Royale offers a comedy club, The Gazebo Bar, The Atrium (poolside) Bar, as well as the famous Schooners Oceanfront Restaurant, Bar & Lounge. From great food, a breathtaking ocean view, and live entertainment, this is the perfect place to begin your adult fun. You may choose to take advantage of the fabulous accommodations and have your evening fun right on their site.
There is so much to see and do in Ocean City that the city offers a 24-hour bus pass for $3.00 (check their seasonal hours) to assist you in getting from place to place. If you prefer, it is a very short drive to the action and there is plenty of parking available. If you would rather take the tram there are discount passes for that too. Scheduled stops will pick you up and let you off as many times as you want with no additional charge.
No trip to Ocean City is complete without a visit to the Ocean Downs Casino. Whether you enjoy the slots or the excitement of live horse racing, you will find it at Ocean Downs. Casino machines are great, but if you prefer the action of the tables, they have those too. If gaming gets your blood rushing, you have come to the right place. This casino has live entertainment, a bar, lounge, and great food.
Bars / Nightclubs
Ocean City has a wide range of bars and nightclubs with live bands and entertainment. We will narrow it down to the top ten, rated by visitors to the area.
- Seacrets Jamaica USA
- Seacrets Jamaica USA rates number one in our top ten, and number 11 on the top 100 bars in the world! They have a waterfront location and a very lively atmosphere with great music. The feature several dance floors, Caribbean inspired food, and cocktails. Located at 117 49th Street.
- Shenanigan’s Irish Pub & Grille
- This is an active and modern club with an old-time bar feel and expert bartenders. It offers an oceanfront patio and is easy to find because it is right on the boardwalk. They serve American and Irish food.
- Cork Bar
- This is the kind of place where you feel right at home. It is family-owned and has pool tables dart boards, jukeboxes and lots of great beer. They also serve some pretty good cocktails. Located at 3 Wicomico.
- Coconuts Beach Bar & Grill
- Located inside the Castle In The Sand Hotel, this beachfront bar has live music, and serve great bar food and of course, drinks in season.
- Caribbean Pool Bar
- Located inside the Plim Plaza Hotel at 109 N. Atlantic, this bar has fun, food, dancing, and live music. The rooftop bar is poolside and unique. They serve a menu of Caribbean and American food. There is sure to be something you will enjoy.
- Frog Bar
- If you want a more casual bar with good food and great drinks, the Frog Bar at 806 South Atlantic is probably for you. It is just your traditional bar, with an amazing view of the inlet and Assateague Island ! You can take in the view and enjoy drinks, a burger or wings.
- Fager’s Island
- Fager’s Island is an Ocean City, Maryland landmark located in the bay on 60th Street. Enjoy bayfront dining in the fine dining restaurant or on the casual waterfront decks. Watch the most beautiful sunsets in town. Live entertainment and bands nightly in the night club. Enjoy the deck parties in the summer! Fager’s Island is a resort inside Ocean City, Maryland
- Blu Crabhouse & Raw Bar
- Feeling a bit more adventurous? Head for the Blu Crabhouse & Raw Bar for oysters, crab, mussels and a full bar. This place has a beautiful view of the bay. You will find it at 2805 Philadelphia.
- The Jungle Bar & Restaurant
- Full restaurant, and outdoor bar and grill. They serve great food and have a wide selection of mixed drinks. Once you experience The Jungle Bar and Restaurant, you will come back again and again. It is located at 9800 Coastal Highway. This bar has an impressive 5-star rating!
- Brass Balls Saloon
- Let’s get fun and funky. Brass Balls Saloon has been a feature on the Boardwalk since 1980! Pop in for some great beer or a meal with all American flare. Casual and just plain fun.