The Princess Royale Oceanfront Resort, Ocean Cities largest full-service hotel on the beach is looking for a Director of Engineering. The hotel has recently undergone major capital improvements that include the first of three phases of a full refresh of all suites and condominiums, guest corridors, mechanical upgrades, and façade repairs, repainting and recaulking of the entire exterior. Substantial improvements will continue in the next few years that include roof and atrium replacement and life safety upgrades.
The Princess Royale Beachfront Resort has is considered one of the finest hotels in the city providing exceptional customer service and exceeding guest expectations. Our mission and culture here at the Princess Royale are to be known as “Ocean Cities Friendliest Address” for both our external guests and heart of the house team members.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise the implementation of all property and equipment preventive maintenance and repairs, monitor life safety systems and utilities and administer the department in compliance Princess Royale standards and local, state, and national codes and regulations to protect assets, guests, and Team Members. Responsible for the preventative maintenance and repair of the hotel’s mechanical/electrical systems and equipment, and for the general maintenance and upkeep of the physical plant, FF&E, grounds, swimming pool, etc. as defined by Princess Royale standards.
- Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication, and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
- Troubleshoot and repair malfunctions in mechanical or electrical systems (e.g., HVAC, plumbing, kitchen equipment, refrigeration) and other equipment throughout the hotel.
- Perform preventative maintenance assignments on a scheduled basis.
- Respond in a courteous manner to all guest questions, complaints, and or requests to ensure strong guest satisfaction.
- Communicate with hotel department heads to become aware of maintenance needs and ensure timely response to internal requests.
- Obtain certification for pool operator and service the hotel’s pool, including adjusting chemicals and cleaning filters, completing maintenance request forms and record logs.
- Maintain the building exterior and “curb appeal” (e.g., snow removal, lawn care, painting, and gardening).
- Coordinate compliance of service contracts.
- Implements and maintains Princess Royales preventative maintenance program.
- Implement and maintain Princess Royales preventive maintenance room programs.
- Implement and maintain Princess Royales engineering department minimum standards.
- Assist General Manager with annual Capital Plan development.
- Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear directions to staff.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
- 5 years’ experience as Manager/Director of Engineering in a hotel setting
- Skilled in several areas such as HVAC, electrical, carpentry, drywalling, painting, plumbing, roofing, and landscaping.
- Must be able to troubleshoot and repair routine mechanical and electrical malfunctions in hotel systems and equipment. Must be willing and able to be responsive to complaints about maintenance.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent time management and problem resolution skills.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Able to lift up to 50lbs.
- Able to stand for extended periods of time and to be able to walk this 338 room property numerous times daily.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Salary: $75,000.00 – $100,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vacation pays
- Sick/personal pay
- Vision insurance
- 401K/profit sharing plan