Room Attendant Year Round Position
Maintain the standards of cleanliness in Guest rooms and hallways. Upon the completion of orientation program in personnel, the new Room Attendant reports to Housekeeping to review specific rules and regulations pertaining to the Housekeeping Department. This will take approximately 30 minutes. After this is complete the new Housekeeper begins training with the Housekeeping Floor Manager. This is done so that here is a consistency in the instruction of a new Housekeeper.
On the first day of employment, the Room Attendant is instructed in the proper steps of cleaning Guest rooms. This procedure and the reasoning behind this will now be explained in detail.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Pick up daily room worksheet and keys from the Laundry Room Attendant. Sign for keys on Key Control Log. This is to assure that we know the exact person who has a section key. The Room Attendant is responsible for that key until the end of the work shift.
· Proceed to work area immediately. Once on the assigned floor, remove cart which corresponds to the number on the worksheet form the Floor Lines Closet. This cart has been stocked the night before.
· Begin your work by doing check out rooms first, if at all possible. The reason behind this is to make these rooms available to sell at the Front Desk. It is important to remember when approaching any room to clean, if there is a “Do Not Disturb” sign on the door knob-DO NOT KNOCK! In addition to the “Do Not Disturb” sign, be observant for the make up room sign. Before entering a room, knock on the door and announce “Housekeeping”. Do this 2 times. (Do not use your key to knock-this will damage the door). Enter the room, leaving the door wide open.
· Open the drapes wide for maximum light. At this point, take a good look at the condition of the room, checking for missing items, I.E. towels, wastebaskets, TV sets, lamps, etc. If anything is missing, page your supervisor.
· In occupied rooms, after this inspection, start picking up any newspapers and fold neatly, then place on the desk. Never throw away newspapers in an occupied room unless the Guest has put in the wastebasket.
· Place all soiled dishes in the dishwasher; run while cleaning room and return to proper place.
· Begin stripping linen from bed(s). Shake all bed linen. Many people use a bed to hide valuables and at times forget to remove them. Turn in all lost articles to the Main Linen Room with room number and your name.
General Maintenance Engineer CPO/HVAC certification a plus
Restaurant/Outlet SupervisorResponsibilites include of all aspects of Supervision our Restaurant, Bars, Room Service and Cafe on the Green. This is a hands on position. This position demands a lot of physical labor. This is a seasonal position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
To set up, maintain and breakdown the hot line area of the kitchen. To prepare menu items using standard recipes and measures, always striving to produce the finest product possible. To produce al~ foods in a timely manner and to assist the chef in banquet and buffet production as needed.
· Helps team members whenever needed.
· Ensures all food is fresh and not spoiled.
· Informs chef of any food prepared for service that
· Prepares food orders in the order that they are
received and as directed by servers.
· Maintains all preparation items.
· Cleans and maintains all line equipment as directed
by Engineering or management.
· Follow all proper safety procedures involving
food handling and preparation.
· Practices careful knife and cooking skills, uses
plastic gloves as necessary.
· Works closely with chef to identify service issues
and resolve them.
· Communicates any out of stock items immediately to
· Immediately informs Manager or Supervisor of any
service or food complaints.
· Maintains line and walk in a neat and orderly
fashion; sets up, re-fills and cleans station.
· Maintains proper ticket times on orders.
· Directs stewards as needed to insure a safe and
clean working area. .
· Works diligently to provide guest services to the
standards of the Chef and Princess Royale Mission
- Follows all guidelines of the Employee Manual including but not limited to: call off procedure, grooming and uniform standards', wearing name tag, arriving on time for scheduled shift, etc.
- Must possess all basic cooking skills, strive for constant improvement.
- Stands and walks during entire shift.
- Frequent washing of hands, follows sanitation guidelines.
- Punches in and. out at required times.
- Performs any reasonable task as directed by management.
Certified HVAC Tech - Universal certification and experience required
Apply Online Here
What's Coming Soon & What's New
Free Family Fun
The Reviews Are In
I will like to thank every staff. To the security, receptionist, housekeeping, pool staff and the restaurants staff. BRAVO!!!!!!!! Stayed in OC two times, All in Princess Royal. And I will not stay in any hotel. You guys have a very great view. I love the room I stayed (301). That will continue to be the room I will stay."
- Patience E., Pikesville, MD , May 29, 2013
I had taken my Mother, sister, my sisters 2 kids, and my 2 girls. We had problems trying to find a place that could accommodate the 7 of us and then we found the Princess Royale Resort. They had a 2 bedroom condo that worked perfect for our family. It was much nicer than have to find a hotel that had 2 rooms side by side that had a door in between and it was cheaper. We had a wonderful stay and the room was very, very clean.."
- GS Frederick, Maryland , May 16, 2013
This was my first overnight stay in Ocean City and I found my room in the Hotel spacious and the bed was extremely comfortable. The people who worked there are friendly and the food was good. The only minor issue I had was the wire-fi signal was not strong and it was hard to log-in sometimes."
- Jesse D. Hanover, Pennsylvania , May 13, 2013